Puerto Rican Vegan: Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies



Hello. My name is Yadira and I am a recovering sugarholic. There was a time in my pregnancy with Annabelle before going vegan that I was eating bags of skittles and microwaved chocolate cake daily. Oh how I wish I was exaggerating. I even made a video with instructions for 5 minute chocolate cake. Watch it for the cuteness of my kiddos, not for the recipe. Smh.

Anyway, since I've been vegan, my sugar cravings have dropped to almost nothing. It's a fabulous thing. However every once in a while I get the urge to bake something fun. That's when this cookie comes in handy. It's almost like breakfast, in a cookie. In fact you probably could bake up a batch and have them as a quick breakfast for the week. I don't even want to tell you they're "sugar-free" because those are usually fighting words, but these are pure and simple goodness.

OATMEAL PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 ripe bananas (overripe is even better)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp unsweetened rice milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 1/2 cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal
1/4 cup flour

Mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, rice milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Shape the dough into cookies and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 13-16 minutes at 350 degrees. Voila! The kids love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment